Name: Marriott Hotel and Georgia International Convention Center
Client: Grove Street Partners
Location: Atlanta, GA
Type: Convention center, hotel, and rail system
Project Size: 4000,000 sf, 10 acres
Construction: New construction
The Georgia International Convention Center is Georgia’s newest and second-largest convention center. The $400 million dollar development is silver LEED-certified with a 150,000-sf convention center and 90,000-sf hotel and rail system.
Our services included site development entilements and design, project managment, civil site design, permitting, cost estimating, cost control, and scheduling. We worked closely with the architectural team and construction officers to provide construction documentation and viable communications to assist in construction management turn-over. Additionally, we managed a staff of consultants.
- 400,000 total square feet
- 150,000 square feet of exhibit space
- 90,000 square feet of pre-function space
- 16,000 square feet of meeting space
- 2,000 on-site parking spaces
- Georgia’s largest ballroom at 40,000 square feet
- The GICC features two new convention hotels – a 403-room full-service Marriott convention center hotel and a 147-room Spring Hill Suites. Both hotels are LEED-certified.
- The GICC is the first convention center in the US that connects directly to the airport via a free, automated people mover – the ATL SkyTrain
"Our goal is detail planning and design compliant with sensitive natural systems. Contineo worked with us to generate civil plans to respond to those goals with knowledge and coordinated teamwork."